Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Tree Pulp!

My tutorial paper is really coming together! I am understanding it more and more as I write. I think one of the scariest parts of beginning, and this always happens to me, is that I was convinced I had to write it linearly. Almost every time I write a long paper I struggle with myself for a while because I need to write nonlinearly but I resist doing so.

I like to write kind of from the inside out, where I'll craft a few argumentative paragraphs and then keep adding premises and topic sentences as scaffolding. I usually end up realizing that the point where I started writing, the epicenter, is the part with the hardest ideas. And then everything else is just kind of the supporting logic that makes the hard stuff possible.

Loooovvee writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment